Check processing has always been a hassle for business owners and customers alike for several important reasons. Whether you are a traditional brick-and-mortar business or an Internet start-up, it is unlikely that you are able to do business without accepting credit and debit cards from customers as a means of payment. Electronic check processing virtually eliminates check handling by converting paper checks into an electronic transaction, right at the point of sale! A new form of accepting checks through a process called check conversion method. You simply enter your customers’ checking information into the gateway based on a check that has been faxed or mailed to you.
- Safety: Eliminates the threat of lost or stolen checks during deposit preparation and minimize check losses with “repeat offender” check.
- Speed: Check is converted into an electronic transaction in 8 to 10 seconds
- Simple Process: Simply scan the check using a check reader connected to your credit card terminal capturing the data from the MICR line at the bottom of the check and the paper check is converted to an electronic item!
- Ship Product Sooner: Improved up-front transaction validation that returns the status of transactions faster.
- Security: Uses the latest 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
The funds are automatically deducted from your customer’s checking account and deposited into your business account. The benefits are lower costs, greater efficiency, and eliminate the need for physical bank deposits of checks!
With billions of payments handled by the (ACH), a Merchant should not overlook this check processing solution.