The FD100 Point-of-Sale (POS) System is an affordable all-in-one touch screen point-of-sale (POS) terminal solution that combines performance, security and reliability.
As one of the fastest, most secure touch screen point-of-sale(POS) terminals available, the First Data™ FD100 easily integrates, supports various communication interfaces, and can be adapted to changing environments and circumstances.
Many retailers operate with outdated terminals that process transactions at less than ideal speeds. Maybe you have a manual imprinter or a noisy dot-matrix printer that takes a minute or more to finish a transaction. The added wait time unfortunately becomes routine for your customers, which might translate into longer lines for them and less business for you. At the same time, not all merchants require the advanced features of high-end, costly terminals or electronic cash registers.
The FD100 POS terminal delivers high quality transaction processing, and, by using newer technologies, it provides a safe, secure Internet Protocol (IP)/dial-up platform. Compatible with many standard peripherals, all of this performance provides maximum versatility at an affordable price.
How FD100 POS System Works
Installation is simple, with easy-to-follow on screen prompts. Set up takes just a few minutes per terminal. The FD100 terminal accepts PIN-secured and signature debit cards, credit cards (including Visa® American Express®, Discover®, and MasterCard®/ Diners Club®), contactless payments, gift cards and checks using TeleCheck® ECA® or paper solutions. The FD100 terminal quickly processes transactions through a dial-up or IP connection, and it generates customer receipts with only the last four digits of the card number to help protect your customers from fraud and identity theft.
- Quick service restaurant (QSR)
- Mail-Order/Telephone-Order (MOTO)
- Electronic Commerce
- Cash Advance
- Convenience store (without petroleum)
- Travel and entertainment
- Household trades
Help Your Business
- Improve your bottom line
- Accept all major bank and credit cards
- Keep infrastructure costs low with a terminal and printer combination
- Improve your customer wait times with faster transactions and a quick printer that speeds through text, bar codes and graphics
- Reduce chances of lost connection and lost sales
- Utilize customer fraud protection functions such as customer, merchant and report truncation features
- Intuitive touch screen display for ease of use
- Fast terminal downloads using IP or dial-up over a standard 56K modem
- Easily supports both IP and dial-up with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption
- True 32-bit processing (ARM 920T 32-bit CPU core)
- Drop-in paper-loading system is quick and hassle-free
- Verification and processing capabilities for ATM, debit, electronic benefits transfer (EBT) transactions and check payments
- Fast printer capable of 15 lines per second
- IP capability with dial-up as connectivity backup
- Compact design
- Durable keys
- Touch screen capability with 128 x 64 graphic LCD display
- Merchant-friendly one-touch feature for daily functions
- Three-track magnetic stripe reader
- Contactless support
- 64 MB RAM standard memory
- Five USB ports
- Address verification service
- Batch history
- Simplified support and installation
- 3-inch wide thermal roll printer