The First Data™ FD50 terminal offers your business an affordable and functional point-of-sale (POS) terminal that allows you to accept virtually every payment type reliably and securely. Featuring a compact design, the FD50 terminal is easy to navigate and well-equipped to support advancements in payment options. It also helps protect customers from fraud and identity theft with advanced security.
When choosing a point-of-sale (POS) terminal, affordability and functionality are important features to consider. Merchants want a terminal that has the capability to accept today’s electronic payment options and is configured to support future advancements in payment technology. Finding a reliable terminal that allows a merchant to control costs while also keeping pace with the changing needs of their business is often difficult.
The First Data™ FD50 terminal offers merchants an affordable solution with solid design and construction, easy operation and advanced security. It is compatible with many standard peripheral devices and has a highly flexible design that supports future payment options, which helps maintain its value for many years.
How It Works
The FD50 terminal allows a merchant to accept virtually every payment option, including PIN-secured and signature debit cards, credit cards such as Visa®, MasterCard®/Diners Club®, American Express®, Discover®, and JCB®, plus gift cards. With the addition of optional peripheral equipment, the FD50 terminal can also accept contactless payments, electronic benefits transfer (EBT), and checks using TeleCheck Electronic Check Acceptance® (ECA®) or paper solutions. Installation is simple and takes just a few minutes per terminal. The FD50 terminal reliably processes transactions through an Internet Protocol (IP) or dial-up connection.
Help Your Business
- Accept virtually all payment options including debit, gift, and credit cards
- Control costs with a combination terminal and printer
- Speed up transactions with IP connectivity
- Save space and cost
Help Your Customers:
- Make faster transactions with a quick printer that speeds through text, bar codes and graphics shorten customer wait times
- Improve their fraud protection through truncated receipts and other features
- Settle with their preferred payment type
- Verification and processing capabilities for ATM, debit, EBT transactions and check payments
- IP connectivity with dial backup
- Compact, small footprint design
- Three-track magnetic stripe reader
- Support for contactless payments
- 32 MB RAM standard memory
- 3 USB ports and 1 serial port for peripherals and future expandability
- Address verification service
- Complete support and easy installation
- Integrated 2.25” wide thermal roll printer
- Six durable screen-accessible keys
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption
- Quick, hassle-free drop-in paper-loading