The First Data™ FD55 terminal is an economical point-of-sale (POS) terminal that enables merchants to accept PIN-secured and signature debit, Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diners Club International® and JCB®, plus EBT (electronic benefits transfer) and First Data gift and loyalty cards.
This space-saving device is compatible with many standard peripheral devices. With the addition of optional equipment, the FD55 terminal can also accept paper or electronic checks.
- Connectivity–IP with dial-up backup
- Sturdy, compact construction (3.6” wide, 2.9” high, 8.4” long)
- Compatibility–VeriFone PINpad 1000SE and VeriFone PINpad 1000SE with contactless reader
- Security–Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption; MasterCard PTS-certified; CVV2/CVC2/CID verification for card-not-present situations
- LCD display–128 X 64
- Thermal Receipt Printer–18 lines per second, virtually jam-free, standard paper
- ARM11, 32-bit CPU core, 400 MHz
- Three-track magnetic stripe reader
- 16-button keypad
- Memory–128MB Flash/32MB SDRAM
- One USB port
- Large batch capacity
- Dynamic Currency Conversion for merchants serving international customers
- Options–Electronic commerce indicator, recurring payments for credit